Wednesday, September 30, 2015

First Read Aloud

Today we finished our first class read aloud and like every good book, I am sad to see it go. I have had this discussion in years past... "Ms. Rorey, I don't want you to finish reading, because I don't want the book to end." A great book is like a dear friend and when a wonderful comes to a close, a part of you longs for it to still be there.

Here is what the kids thought:

  • "It was a super funny and great book. I hope there is another one like The 15th Goldfish. I loved it!"- Samantha
  • "I loved it. It was so funny and very thoughtful. It was GREAT! There should be a sequel." -Elena
  • ""A funny and good book."-Paulis
  • "It was an amazing book and was so funny!"- Grace
  • "It was funny and at the same time reflective about the life cycle. I liked it very much!"- Nastia




The same can be said about The 14th Goldfish, by Jennifer L. Holm. Read aloud time is really my favorite time of day and it is because of vivid, exciting and hilarious books just like this one. I had never read it before but it was recommended to me via a fellow blogger.


The Fourteenth Goldfish Resources: Mrs. Diaz

 

No comments:

Post a Comment