Sunday, March 13, 2016

Exhibition Retreat

A few weeks back I had the privilege of traveling to England to attend the IBO Exhibition workshop. While collaborating with teachers and administrators from the region, I got this wild idea to organize a grade 5 exhibition retreat for the students. The goal would be to get them excited about the journey and process ahead of us and have experts come in to teach on various topics.

I went to my administrator and shared this idea with him. He was game for giving it a try, including the overnight sleep over. It was a lot of organizing and working with parents and staff to pull it off, but it was a huge success. A parent called me a risk-taker and I love it when I can live and model the PYP learner profile for my students. If you have an idea, give it a try and work to accomplish it!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment