Friday, February 3, 2012

Acrostic Poem

Two of my girls just love, love, love to write during Daily 5. Whenever there is free choice for language time, they ask me if it is alright if they write, and ask to get out the box of writing prompts. Then they sit down together with sharpened pencils, their heads down toward their papers, just working away.

The other day, they showed me an acrostic poem about lemons that they wrote together. We had not worked on acrostic poems for about 2 months, so I was surprised and thrilled that they chose to write using this poetry method. I let them type it up together and asked them if I could publish it on the class blog. You can tell by the many exclamation marks that they were excited about their work.


Lime !

Even sour !

Mostly yellow !

Oval !

Not sweet !

By N. and M.

No comments:

Post a Comment