Tuesday, April 10, 2012

March 2012 Swim Gala

The Thursday before spring break, we had a wonderful Interhouse event. Our students participated in the 2012 Grade 3 Swim Gala. It was by far my favorite event of the year.


It was so nice to see them in the sunshine, swimming their little hearts out. I helped hand out finish tags and cheered EVERYONE one, although my colors are yellow for the Tembo team. 


I even had one excited girl bound towards me with her number 2 finish tag out squealing with a huge bright smile "Ms. Rorey, I came in second! In class I am always last but I did so well!"


A great big thank-you is sent out to our wonderful P.E. department, the teacher volunteers and all of the great, cheering parents!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Miss Rorey and class,

    What a tremendous day of exercise and sunshine! I wish we had a pool at our school, but we do not. Lots of my students have a pool at their house, but only our local high school has a pool.

    Were the competitions for speed or did the students have to do particular strokes per race?

    Your friend,
    Mrs. Y♥llis
    California

    ReplyDelete