Tuesday, October 8, 2013

iMovie First Try: IST Birthday Movie!!!

During the first week of school, while sitting in our in-service training, I thought of this great idea and believe it or not, my brain remembered it a month or so later. As many of you know, IST turned 50 this year and it is a big milestone, especially for an International School in East Africa. I thought, wouldn't it be fun to make a video. Grade 3 had an assembly to host and it was the perfect time to get in gear.

Now, I've never created a video, but I gave it a go... I know, I hear you "Risk-Taker!" One of my teaching partners assured me it was easy so I gave it a go. I gathered some creative brain juice, my new iPhone (that now looks like it was run over by a bike) and some eager students and colleagues. The movie was set in motion. It took many days of filming (and re-filming,) but it got done and came together quite nicely. My tech coordinator came in on the last crunch day to help, but do you know what, it was mostly done... it was that easy.

I am eager to give it another go and also make some minor adjustments based on what I learned, but all-in-all, I am pretty proud of it. Enjoy!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment