Monday, March 16, 2015

CEESA 2015 Tool: Newspapermap.com

I had a wonderful time in Dubrovnik sharing my behavior expertise and learning from some amazing educators. The last day's Keynote speaker was Heidi Hayes Jacobs and she was so fantastic that I went to her other session too. She talked about the importance of building global citizens for a changing world and shared some amazing, amazing, amazing resources. You can find more about her and what she offers to the field of education at her website Curriculum 21.

Today, I showed the class newspapermap.com. This is a tool that shows a map of many of the newspapers written around the world and will translate them into many different languages. The kids loved exploring it and sharing their learning with their classmates. It gave me a chance to show them a newspaper from my hometown and kids also explored news from places that interested them. The excitement and conversations were fantastic and the students were making many observations and connections to previous learning this year. Check it out if you get a chance.






  

No comments:

Post a Comment