Everyday Math Lesson 9.4 Area of 2D Shapes
Materials Needed: Math notebook with graphic organizer and graph paper glued into it.
- Review area and perimeter by watching this video
- Write your own definition of perimeter and area in your math notebook
- Complete the following Study Jams lessons on the area of parallelograms and triangles.
- Write the formula for finding the area of a square, rectangle and triangle in your graphic organizer.
- For bonus homework you can also do the lesson on finding the area of irregular shapes.
- ******Bonus: Area of Irregular Shapes
- To show your work, draw 3 irregular shapes and then find the perimeter and area of each on graph paper.
- Play one of the following games for 5 minutes: